Best Instant Tent For 2020: Ultimate Buyer’s Guide Included
In order to make camping more comfortable, safer and more desirable, you will need one thing the most. The best instant tent for 2020 will provide you all the advantages we just listed and so much more. For most campers, these tents are the first and the ultimate choice. After all, instant setup is something we all like and something that can make a massive difference when spending time in nature.
Buyer’s Guide For The Best Instant Tent
The biggest question is how you actually pick the best instant tent? There are a lot of different factors and mandatory elements that all make a specific tent quite different than another. That’s why we decided to present you with a buyer’s guide, a section which will help you understand all the main factors you need to consider.
The best instant camping tent will either be made for winter or other three seasons. There is a massive list of differences included. A tent which is designed for winter is stronger, heavier and comes with enhanced temperature insulation. As such, it will be mandatory to use through the winter, but won’t be very useful in summer.
The second type is a tent which is designed for three seasons and commonly known as 3-season tent. It comes with a lightweight design and the entire design is focused on keeping you cool through warm days, protecting you from the rain and insects. They are lighter than tents for winter. Now you will have to choose where and when you will use your tent in order to make a smart decision.
All the tents of this kind come in various sizes. The smallest ones can accommodate one person only, while the biggest can be used by 12 people at the same time. The differences are obvious. Bigger tents are designed for families or friends, they are heavier and more expensive. If you like spending time in nature with a family or friends, a tent with a high capacity is the obvious choice.
There is no need to tell you that a smaller tent with a capacity for 2-4 people is designed for couples or married couples with small children. Great addition is the ability to choose the same tent in various sizes. In a nutshell, this is the second important factor to consider.
A tent must be tall enough so you can move freely and easily inside. There is a need to tell you your height will determine this factor. We always prefer taller tents due to the fact they are more comfortable and they make use easier. Best instant tent for camping will still be lightweight and still easy to set up.
For most campers, dome design is the best when it comes to instant tents. These models are easier to install, fold and move to the next location. However, you can see that A-frame units and other types of tents are advertised as instant tents as well. This factor purely depends on individual preference and what you find attractive in your tent.
In general, you can choose between poles made from three different materials. The first one is fiberglass. They are the least durable, the cheapest and easy to replace. They are capable of meeting most of your requirements.
Aluminum poles are the most popular and for most of you the best. They are still lightweight, easy to use and they won’t break under pressure. Carbon fiber poles are reserved for high-end tents. They are the strongest of them all, the design is the best and they are the most expensive.
A tent can have a weight of 2 pounds or it can weigh 20 pounds. The idea here is to look at a model that meets your capacity requirement, comes suitable for uses in 3 seasons or for winter only and have decent height. Now, you will compare different models and check out their weights. If a tent meets all your criteria and the weight is low, you have the best one for you.
Those of you who won’t carry a tent for a long period of time, you will camp next to your vehicle, weight is an irrelevant factor. In this case scenario, you can choose any tent with any weight.
Top 5 Instant Tents
Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; integrated rainfly offers extra weather protection with better airflow
- BUILT TO LAST: Double-thick fabric stands up to the elements season after season
- INSTANT SETUP: In as fast as 1 minute
- ROOMY INTERIOR: 8 x 7 ft. with 4 ft. 11 in. center height; fits 1 queen-size air bed
- 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Coleman Cabin is the best instant tent for 2020 due to the following reasons. First of all the setup requires literally 1 minute or 60 seconds. We tested it and we can agree with the claim of the manufacturer. Unfolding the tent is super easy and it is fun to do. Then we have construction. The model is made from 150D polyester which guarantees strong construction and will protect users at all times. In addition, the same model is available in 4, 6 and 10 people capacity.
Weather Tec system is standard for this brand and we were able to see it on most other models. This one isn’t different. Weather Tec basically bonds the edges and the ends of the tent and make it more durable, strong and more capable of meeting heavy duty operations. At the same time, this feature eliminates the risk of leaks. The value for money is exceptional as well and even if we take a look at the 10-person model we can see an affordable price.
To summarize, the tested model is well made, comes in 8×7 feet size (4-person version) and it is made of high-end materials. All of this means that you will enjoy the safety, instant setup and so much more.
- Weather Tec system
- Made of 150D polyester
- Available in different sizes
- Value for money
- Choice of colors
- Bulky package
CORE 10 Person Straight Wall Cabin Tent
- Sleeps 10 people; Fits two queen air mattresses; Center Height: 86"
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vents
- Included room divider creates a two room tent; Features front and back door access
- Gear loft with lantern hook and pockets keep items organized and off the tent floor; Electrical cord access port (port is fully closable when not in use)
- Includes tent, tent poles, rain fly, gear loft, room divider, tent stakes, expandable carry bag; 1 Year Limited Warranty
If you are looking for a special tent that comes with advantaged technology, you will need this one. The Core 10 is made for 10 people and the size is massive, obviously. Yet, it comes with clever features and technologies that no other tent available on the market has to offer. For example, the tent is paired with pockets, socket ports and so much more. All of this is closed when not in the use.
Obviously, rain protection is mandatory. The model comes with H2O Block technology. It is one of the most effective systems we saw in eliminating water from penetrating the tent. It works like a charm and without any issues. At the same time, we can say the technology is resistant and durable.
Other things we can mention is the height of the tent. It is 8 inches. The size is 14×10 feet and the tent is generally made to provide one chamber. But, there is a divider included in the package that can make this 2-room tent. Overall, installation is instant and there are no issues or complications here.
- H2O Block technology
- Room divider
- Accessories and ports
- Customer support
Coleman 8-Person Camping Tent with Built-in Closet
- Cabin tent features built-in closet with shelves and hanger bar to help you stay organized;E-Port makes it easy to bring electrical power inside your tent
- Fast Pitch design sets up in about 9 minutes. Hinged door for easy entry and exit
- Spacious 8-person design with room divider included for privacy
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Measures 13 x 9 feet with 2 x 2-foot closet and 6-foot 8-inch center height
It has been one of the best instant tents for 2020 since the day it was launched and it is still considered as a game changer. This tent comes with 13×9 feet dimensions, enough space for 8 people and it is made to withstand all kinds of operations and tasks. The installation requires 9 minutes and it is relatively easy. Keep in mind that this is a big tent so you will need more time to set it up. The height inside is 6 feet and 8 inches.
Probably the most interesting feature is the presence of a closet with shelves. It is designed to make the tent more appealing and to help users organize their items while camping. There is E-port system as well. It basically allows for a user to connect power outlets. When not in the use, this port is closed and won’t cause leaks. The design is modern and the choice of colors is something we all liked and probably most of you will as well.
Weather Tec system is a standard advantage. It refers to the edge and seam connection and it has a positive effect on the overall waterproofness. The tent is capable of withstanding heavy rain and wind and it won’t leak or cause users to feel uncomfortable inside.
- Great capacity
- Closet with shelves
- Weather Tec system
- 9-minute installation
- Hinges on the door
CORE 4 Person Instant Dome Tent
- Instant 30 second setup; sleeps 4 people; fits one queen air mattress; center height: 54
- Core H20 block technology and adjustable ground vent
- Features gear loft with lantern hook and pockets to keep items organized and off the tent floor
- Electrical cord access port (port is fully closable when not in use)
- Includes rain fly, tent stakes, and carry bag
CORE 4 comes in size of 9×7 feet and the height inside is 54 inches. It is a small tent that is purely designed for 4 people and comes with the impressive installation. You will need around 30 seconds to install it anywhere you like. The H2O Block technology is obviously present and it has an important role. This system protects users from water and it is commonly known as one of the best systems of this kind.
The thing we all liked is the presence of gear loft. Basically, you get an area which is designed to keep your gear organized and within you at all times. This is a modern feature that has a huge overall role in usability and can be used for multiple operations. All combined, it is a high-end tent with all you are going to need. As such, we believe it is one of the best instant tents for camping.
The main material is polyester and the poles are reasonably strong. Rain fly, a carrying case and stakes are included in the package. On our tests the unit performed well and we weren’t able to find major issues. The name Core 4 refers to the brand and name and the capacity. For instance, you can get Core 10 which shares the same advantages but it is designed for 10 people. This way of naming the tents is very desirable and makes things easier.
- 30 seconds installation
- Gear loft system
- H2O Block technology
- Poor performance on heavy wind
- Poor user manual
Pop-up Tent an Automatic Instant Portable Cabana Beach Tent
- EFFORTLESS CAMPING – Pops open into a read-to-use form (auto-setup) in a blink & proves easy to fold into a compact form – Abco Pop up tent is ideal for casual camping and accommodates 1-2 persons. Like a beautiful spot enroute? Setup your tent instantly!
- DOUBLE DOORS – With double doors on both left and right side, it’s easy to step out from either side. Moreover, a combination of inner zippered screen plus outer zippered nylon layer give an ability to easily switch between high breathability and complete privacy.
- HIGH BREATHABILITY – Two mesh windows on the front and back add further to the air circulation while the solid nylon flaps over the windows allow for privacy. Not only breathability, you can just open everything and enjoy the surroundings too.
- CARRY BAG & ACCESSORIES – Comes with a carry bag that's ideal for storage and carrying it along, and in addition, a small bag for accessories to keep them organized – occupies little space in your car trunk or even when stored at home.
- GUARANTEE – With our 100% RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE you have got nothing to lose. However, we are quite sure that you will be super impressed with this smart tent that doesn't require complex set up, gets ready to use in a blink, and remains easy to carry along.
This particular model is quite different than any other you can have at the moment. Yes, it is advertised as a beach tent, but you can use it literally anywhere. The installation is the simplest of them all and you will literally need a couple of seconds. After that, the tent will be ready to accommodate one or two people. The material is specifically chosen to provide excellent breathability so even on a warm day, you won’t feel hot inside.
We all liked the massive door. They are added to make usability better and also to make the tent suitable for all kinds of operations. The door is huge and there won’t be any issues using then. The best part, there are 2 doors on the tent. We liked the design of the tent as well. It is unique and one of a kind so it may be the first choice for users who want to look different.
In the package you get all you are going to need, including a carry bag and a small bag for your accessories. All elements are made of high-quality materials and they can withstand all kinds of use. The same model is available in red and blue color and the price is very affordable. This is actually the most affordable model on our list!
- Instant setup
- Appealing design
- 2 doors
- Lightweight and compact
- Rain protection
- Small in size
Coleman Cabin or the first model on the list gets 5 out of 5 stars and it is the highest rating we gave to a tent. It is simply the best instant tent for 2020 due to the following reasons. It is made of 150D polyester, it is exceptional value for money and it comes with Weather Tec system which will protect you from the rain and wind. Don’t forget that the same tent is available in several versions, all of which are excellent value for money.