Best Tent Brands And Most Desirable Models: We Tested 5 Best-Selling Models
What’s the first thing you will look when searching for a tent? Probably a brand or you wouldn’t be on this page! Here we will discuss the best tents made by the best brands. Let’s see what they have to offer and why they are so popular these days. The best tent brands come in high numbers and we will explain each one. It would be an amazing journey where we will learn a lot and where we will help you by revealing the main and also secrets regarding the tents and their manufacturers.
Top 5 Best Tent Brands
- 16' x 16' instant cabin tent
- Sleeps 12
- Fits 3 queen airbeds
- Sets up in under 2 minutes
- 7 fully closeable windows
Ozark Trail 16×16-Feet 12-Person 3 Room Instant Cabin Tent with Pre-Attached Poles is made by one of the best tent brands, comes with superior design and so much more. We would need days to explain all the features and perks. In a nutshell, this is a 12 person tent with 3 separate rooms inside. It is 16×16 feet in size and can be used for 3 queen beds.
Additional capabilities include 7 massive windows that can be closed when needed and also leak protection system alongside factory sealed seams. The tent is able to keep you dry even in the worst weather and will make sure the interior is 100% dry. Considering all of this, it isn’t a very expensive unit and we can add it is a decent value for money.
- Superb design
- 7 massive windows that can be closed or open
- Advanced water protection
- Pre-attached poles
- Too big for some campers
- Complicated to assembly and use
- DESIGNED FOR QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY – The INDY 4- 5 person tent is great for all the family . With easy assembly, the spacious European design one door tent weighs 12lbs with a comfortable floor size of 12.8ft x 8ft (sleep area of 8ft x 7ft) and 4.7ft center height for maximum comfort.
- DOUBLE LAYER FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY – 100% waterproof 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane. 2500mm water column rainfly provides full coverage, while the heat-seamed thermoplastic coating offers UV protection. Inner tent has a large 2-way zipper D-style door with full mosquito mesh protection. Roomy utility pocket for storage and ventilated mesh roof. European design delivers a unique front vestibule that has an awning and side door with a detachable PE tarp floor.
- THICK NANO-FLEX TECHNOLOGY FRAME – Extra thick Nano-flex fiberglass poles interconnect with double gold chrome plated ferrule hardware and strong elastic , offering a sturdy construction . Made with 100% virgin material to provide additional strength and flexibility.
- BREATHABLE MICRO MOSQUITO MESH – Ultra-thin NO-SEE-UM polyester micro-mesh fabric keeps you safe from the smallest insects and mosquitoes – letting fresh air in while keeping bugs out! Freestanding design is easy to set up and take down. Built for the Brazilian Amazon, the Cherokee 3-season dome family tent will keep you comfortable and protected from heat, rain and wind.
- HEAVY DUTY ANTI FUNGUS FLOOR MATERIAL – Seamless, anti-fungal polyethylene with a silver-coated inner layer to prevents leaks, keeping you dry and protected. The flooring has a unique bathtub-style construction element barrier, designed to ensure so you won’t wake up in a puddle! CPAI-84 fire retardant materials. Comes with a zipped stuff bag and ID label to personalize your tent.
NTK INDY GT 4 to 5 Person 12.2 by 8 Foot Outdoor Dome Family Camping Tent may look like an ordinary model but it is far from that. The tent is based on the latest technology and we can see this if we take a look at the features. Firts of all, there is 190T polyester construction. Add 2500mm water column and you can get an idea we are talking about advanced and appealing model suitable for more advanced users.
The frame is based on nano-flex technology. It uses fiberglass poles that are connected with gold-plated inserts. Mosquito mesh is another advantage here. It performed better than many other fabrics we tested in the recent period of time. There is also anti-fungal polyethylene material present here. What this means is that there won’t be any fungus present after months of use.
- Anti-fungal polyethylene
- Nano-flex frame system
- Superb mosquito mesh
- Completely immune to rain and waterproof
- Small for some campers
- Backpack-friendly compact folding poles, Gearloft loops, Color coded clip and fly attachment.Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- Roll top cube carry bag, Easy set up, Free standing, Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Kelty hug clip, Easy entry D door, Internal storage pockets, Fully seam taped construction
- Seasons: 3, Number of doors: 1, Number of vestibules: 1, Number of poles: 2, Capacity: 4
- Floor area: 55 ft² / 5.11 m², Vestibule area: 11 ft² / 1.02 m². Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
It is small, it is compact, it is Kelty Salida Camping and Backpacking Tent. This particular version has a capacity for 4 but you can opt for 2 people or 2 person capacity models. The materials used are 68D polyester, 40D mesh, 68D Nylon (for the floor) and 1800 mm. If you are not proficient with the tent materials, all you should remember is that here you get the best and the most durable ones.
The tent is small in size offering 55 square feet of floor area. It is incredibly light as well, only 7 pounds. The package includes internal storage pockets, carry bag and also free-standing design.
- Lightweight design
- Premium materials
- 3 different versions available
- Great package
- Poor colors
- WeatherTec System patented welded floors and inverted seams keep water out, Spacious interior, room to stand and move
- Dome design makes setup quick and easy, 10 minutes , Snag-free, continuous pole sleeves for easy setup, Rainfly awning for shade and rain protection
- Floor vent for maximum ventilation, Large windows help cool the tent, Storage pockets keep gear organized
- Insta-Clip pole attachments stand up to winds, 10 ft. x 10 ft. (3 m x 3 m), fits six people or two queen airbeds
- 6 ft.(1.88 m) height, room to stand and move, 1-year limited warranty
Coleman Sundome Tent is all about versatility. Campers can get it in any size ranging between 2 up to 6 people and can enjoy premium features. In addition, the model is available in blue and green color options. We tested both ones. You may want to know that there is 1000D polyethylene bathtub floor here. It eliminates the risk of a leak and makes the tent suitable for heavy-duty applications.
The polyester is coated with 450mm coating and the same solution was used for interior, fabric coating. The entry door has D style and they are bigger than you may believe. Additional capabilities include storage pockets and advanced ventilation. E port is available as well (light powering inside the tent).
- E port
- Superior ventilation
- Strong and durable
- Well-known Weather Tec system is used
- Possible shipping issues
- Stake strength
- Napier offers the only truck tents on the market with a full floor, keeping you clean from your truck and dry from the elements
- Designed to fit most pick-up trucks (see sizing chart), even trucks equipped with a toolbox or bedliner
- Full rainfly provides ultimate weather protection
- Color-coded pole and sleeve assembly, makes setup a breeze
- Large interior area with over 5.6’ of headroom
This is one of the best tent brands if you want outside box products. In this particular case, we have prepared the Napier Backroadz Truck Tent. As you can see, it is designed and made it fit the beds on trucks and therefore be used as an actual tent. The advantage is obvious. You will be above the ground and you will have a steady and reliable base for your tent.
The model we tested came in a long bed size (8-12 feet). But, you can get a version for a short and regular size truck bed, according to your needs. All the rest is similar to ordinary tents. For example, it is color codes, comes with rain protection and also has 5.6 feet of headroom. Installation is extremely easy and you will need a couple of minutes.
- Interesting, clever design
- Fit all trucks
- Solid construction
- Easy to assembly
- Unavailable for some trucks
- Cannot be used as a standalone unit
Buyer’s Guide For The Best Tent Brands
It isn’t a secret that there are countless tent brands that offer their products on the market. However, we are able to present you with a list of the best brands and also features you need to look for when planning to get a new tent, regardless of the brand. Let’s begin.
Best tent brands
Although there are a lot of tent brands, a few of them are considered to be the best and the most popular across the world. These are simply the brands you want to pay attention to and you will like a tent made by each one. The best brands for making tents are:
- Ozark Trail
Ozark Trail is a known brand these days. They are mostly known for affordable and versatile camping equipment including tents. This also means that the list of premium, very expensive products is limited. But, there are countless affordable, high-quality products these guys develop and make.
NTK is a well-known tent brand that is also relatively new to the market. They offer premium tents and gear and they do not make poorly designed tents. We must add that the customer satisfaction rate with this brand is one of the highest in the industry.
Kelty is the oldest brand of them all. They started making items in 1952 in Colorado, the United States. The first items were backpacks, but soon became making sleeping bags and obviously tents. Today, we appreciate their quality and support. The brand makes some of the most affordable tents which are generally designed and made for mild or average conditions. They are not suitable for extremely low temperatures.
Coleman is the most popular brand of them all. They make some of the best and the most advanced tents worthy of your full attention. The brand comes from the United States, Chicago more accurately and they have been with us since 1900. This makes them one of the oldest companies in the world. The founder of the brand is William Coffin Coleman. They make all the gadgets and items you may need for outdoor activities, especially camping.
Napier comes from Canada although they have an office in the United States. The brand is best known for truck tents. They were some of the first companies to develop this type of tent. Today, they make high-end tents and camping equipment and they are appreciated for the superb value for money.
Regardless of which tent you pick, the headroom is mandatory. That’s why it has to be one of the first factors to consider right here. For most of you, 6-6.2 feet will be ideal or better said more than enough. Of course, keep in mind that you will need a tent with a bigger headroom if you are taller than average.
Maybe it sounds funny, but modern tents do come in rooms. You can use dividers to make the adjustments needed and on average you can have up to 4 rooms for 8 person tents. The number of rooms decreases with the size of the tent.
All the materials you can see on a new tent must be immune to water and they must be strong. You will mostly see polyester as the most common option. There are additional markings each manufacturer will use. Just make sure that the polyester used is premium in quality and it is used for the more expensive tents the same brand or rivals do make.
You probably saw that all the best tent brands mentioned above have superb or advanced ventilation ports to a tent. This is something we all need at any given moment. Ideally, you will have 2 massive vents and you will be able to control them within seconds. Vents are used to decrease the temperature inside a tent and to make your stay more comfortable.
Earlier tents didn’t have storage pockets which was a huge downsize. Luckily, all new ones come with this advantage and you can use it immediately. Storage pockets are commonly located inside a tent, although a few models offer exterior pockets as well. Last but not least, the size of storage pockets should be adjusted or matching to the overall size of a tent.
E port is a new addition here and something we adore. It is a simple feature. You get a power cord that allows you to power the lighting or gadgets inside a tent. The system is useful if you are planning on using an exterior power supply or you have a power generator and you want to carry it with you while camping.
- What are the best tent brands?
The best brands are the ones we have mentioned and defined above. The top choices are Coleman, Ozark Trail, NTK, Kelty, and others.
- Are all tents made by well-known brands safe to buy?
In general yes, they are a much safer option to purchase. Premium brands use premium materials and they have a massive reputation to maintain. That’s why their products are generally better main and come with the best capabilities.
- Are all tents made of the same materials?
Yes and no. Many of them are made from polyester, several types of polyester. The types of this material vary and they are not something we can generalize. Make sure it is immune to water and can withstand heavy-duty usages.
- What is a truck tent?
A truck tent is a tent designed to be installed on a truck, over the bed area. They come in small, regular and long beds and each one has different lengths and dimensions in general.
- How much time do I need to set up a small tent?
A small tent can be installed within minutes. We are referring to small tents made by premium brands. Large tents are more complicated to install and they come with more features.
- Why mesh fabric is needed?
In simple words, you want to keep insects away from you. Mesh fabric is used precisely for this reason. It also gives you more privacy if you are in a massive campsite.
Ozark Trail 16×16-Feet 12-Person 3 Room Instant Cabin Tent with Pre-Attached Poles gets 4.9 out of 5 stars. It is made by one of the best tent brands and it offers 7 windows, massive capacity and a lot of room inside. It comes with a modern and clever design and features all the factors we have mentioned above.